-
February 19th, 2026, 07:03 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Optimal Dimensions for a Padel Court – What Should I Know?
Hello everyone!
I’m interested in constructing a padel court and want to ensure it’s dimensionally accurate. Beyond the basic length and width, I’m curious about wall heights, fence placements, and clearance space around the court for safe play. Are there subtle differences between professional-standard courts and recreational ones?
Also, are there any tips or common mistakes to avoid when measuring and marking the court? Any diagrams, official references, or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. I want this project to be both functional and regulation-compliant.
Thanks for sharing your insights!
-
February 19th, 2026, 07:04 PM
#2
Hostboard Member
Re: Optimal Dimensions for a Padel Court – What Should I Kno
A standard padel court is 20 meters long and 10 meters wide. Back walls are 3 meters high, side walls are 3 meters near the back and 2 meters toward the front, with surrounding fencing usually 4 meters high. Leave at least 2 meters clearance behind the baselines for safety. Professional and recreational courts share the same dimensions; differences are usually in materials or extra space. Common mistakes include uneven surfaces, non-vertical walls, and insufficient clearance. For more detailed specifications, diagrams, and official references, you can check Padel Court Dimensions: Single, Double, Indoor, Mini & Standard Sizes. Always consult International Padel Federation guidelines for official measurements.
-
June 9th, 2026, 08:54 AM
#3
Hostboard Member
Re: Optimal Dimensions for a Padel Court – What Should I Kno
Reviving this thread because I'm curious if cofali got around to completing the padel court. Also, has anyone come across any recent updates or changes in regulations from the International Padel Federation? It'd be great to know if there have been any notable tweaks or new recommended practices since this topic was last active. Looking forward to hearing from the community!
-
June 9th, 2026, 08:57 AM
#4
Junior Hostboard Member
Re: Optimal Dimensions for a Padel Court – What Should I Kno
Check the International Padel Federation's guidelines for accurate court dimensions, including wall heights and fence placements. Diagrams can help visualize requirements and avoid common construction mistakes.
-
June 10th, 2026, 06:37 AM
#5
Junior Hostboard Member
Re: Optimal Dimensions for a Padel Court – What Should I Kno
Make sure to account for side clearance and height regulations when planning your padel court. If you're checking measurements on plans or diagrams, I find using a ruler (online) handy for quickly measuring dimensions on-screen. Don't forget to reach out to the International Padel Federation for official specs and double-check with diagrams to stay compliant with professional and recreational standards.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks